Bronze double for Australia as McKeon sets medal record in Budapest Swimming
Swimming Australia: July 31, 2017: Highlights from night 8:
- Bronze to Mack Horton in the 1500m freestyle in 14:47.70
- Bronze to 4x100m medley relay team of Emily Seebohm, Taylor McKeown, Emma McKeon and Bronte Campbell
Standout Performances from the meet:
- Emma McKeon – 6 medals; the most won by any Australian female at a World Championship event
- Emily Seebohm Gold in 200m backstroke 2:05.68 – Commonwealth and Australian Record and bronze in the 100m backstroke
- Mack Horton silver in the 400m freestyle and bronze in the 1500m freestyle.
- 16-year-old Ariarne Titmus - silver after anchoring the 4x200m freestyle relay and fourth in the 400m freestyle in 4:04.26.
- 16-year-old Kaylee McKeown fourth in the 200m backstroke in 2:06.76 – world junior record and silver as a heat swimmer in the 4x100m mixed medley relay.
Australia’s Medal Tally:Gold – 1, Silver – 5, Bronze – 4
click for more